Cabeza my Chino
|February 17, 2012||Filled under Agave Denim, Agave Nectar, MY WANT LIST|
Agave denim is winning in my book season after season. While other denim companies are cutting corners and increasing their core collections Agave and Agave Nectar is increasing their fashion, denim alternatives and using the absolute best raw materials and creating better look books and ad campaigns then I am seeing from any JBRAND stool, AG Jeans wall or 7 fam spread. People you gotta make sure you are supporting the companies that are keeping you close to their heart. My dollar will always be earned at Agave!
<————-MY SPRING MUST HAVES!
“Jeff and Lauren Shafer took inspirations for Spring 2012 especially color from Sea of Cortez and trips they made to Baja during the sixties and seventies. Spring is packed with color reminiscent of those sunny trips and beautiful vacations. Spring Agave style is “West Coast Luxury” and is not defined by age but by ones inner confidence and ability to enjoy the simple beauty of life.
Husband and wife owners/designers, Jeff and Lauren Shafer, always regard designing an art and fabric as their canvas. They are both extremely passionate about finding the most innovative luxury fabrics every season. They feel this determines every element of their design details and fits. Jeff spends hours hunting and scouring boutique mills for the best. Lauren is truly fanatical about fit and as designer and fully trained pattern maker she typically makes her own first set of samples to see how they look. The Shafers use only the finest Japanese, Italian or USA-made Supima cotton denims and luxury fabrics and work with select boutique mills to design fabrics exclusive to Agave. All Agave jeans and knits are cut, sewn and hand-finished in Los Angeles, California.”- Agave
Jeff and Lauren’s top picks for Fall are:
- Men’s and women’s – colored denim – Color is a hot trend in men’s and women’s denim for Spring 2012 in addition to indigo. There are two Spring color palette for guys true brights or more subdued. For Agave men’s Jeff chose more subdued tones in natural whites, gray, olive, khaki, browns and rusty orange (look book page M28 M38). For women’s Lauren shows vintage brights in colors such as garnet red, beach glass and citrus (Page W4, W16).
- Men’s and women’s -denim natural looking washes – No tolerance for washes that don’t look natural. Whether rinse, slight abrasion or heavily distressed (vintage) all must look like it happened naturally over a long period of time Page men’s M26, M34 women’s Page W20).
- Men’s and women’s – luxury lightweight Italian yarn dyed cotton linens vintaged and washed like denim in variety of colors and fits (see men’s look book page M32 and women’s page W18)
- Men’s only – Selvage is now understood and appreciated by men with a more “true blue” point of view. Slim and classic fit button fly jeans in raw, rinse and vintage . Agave Gold label selvage is limited edition numbered and signed the new fit is Maverick( slim with button fly) Jeff has added more innovative selvage weaves like white selvage and selvage chambray and in lighter weights ( see men’s page Cover/M24, M28, M30).
- Men’s only- Casual woven shirts with tailored detailing take on a new life at Agave with a wide choice of options for Spring: chambrays, Oxford indigos calvary twills and linens all with additional tailored details . Jeff’s favorite is page M40 of look book “Craftsman” a selvage chambray.
- Women’s only- Truly the perfect denim skirt called the “Dolce”. An in-house favorite is the paneled pencil skirt with high waist A truly flattering style that elongates the body. This is available in indigo blue and colors for Spring see page W8)
- Women’s only- Luxury & drape for Spring. Fabrics which flatter with drape are key for Spring. The “ Nancy” shirt is a hit with everyone who sees, feels or tries it on (pageW1 and W3). Also the “Patrona” trouser in “Cabo Stretch”(page W6) Lyocell/Cotton/elastane) has been nicknamed the ultimate luxury pant perfect for vacations and warm Summer days ahead
- Men’s and Women’s Luxury Supima cotton knits & sweaters in rich Spring color palette
PREVIEW the full collection at www.agavedenim.com
JOIN THE agavedenim Facebook page!
Jeff, Lauren, Zoe, and me… the Butt Therapist!